In October this year Phonak released their latest family of hearing instruments, called Paradise. With Paradise you can have a hearing solution that:
- Recharges overnight while in its storage box
- Allows hands free operation of your mobile phone, with the conversation heard in both hearing aids at the same time
- Can be Bluetooth paired to multiple devices to work like wireless headphones, allowing you to listen to podcasts, TV shows, or music directly through your hearing instruments
- Uses motion information to recognise if you are walking or sitting, so that it can enhance your listening experience further
- Allows you to modify several features of the hearing instruments via an app. You can even create and save your own programmes!
It (almost) goes without saying that this new computer chip is far faster than ever before, with better algorithms to analyse and reproduce sounds. As a result, Paradise delivers significantly better hearing resolution. Detailed information about these hearing instruments can be found on the Phonak website by clicking here.
We are lucky enough that Phonak have provided us with several pairs of Paradise that we can loan for 7 days to those who wish to experience these new features. A booking is essential. If you’d like to see us, call Helen on 09 309 1018 and ask for an appointment for a ‘7 day trial of Paradise’.
If you decide you’d like to have your own Paradise hearing instruments, Phonak are offering a free TV connector (valued at $285) to anyone who makes that decision before Christmas. Read here to find out about what a TV connector can do.